While controversy continues to swirl violently around the open letter to Iran by 47 Republican senators, the signatures of four of the Senators, Rand Paul (R – KY), Marco Rubio (R – FL), Ted Cruz (R – TX), and Lindsey Graham (R – SC), all presidential hopefuls with eyes on the 2016 primary, has sparked a response.
The determination of the would-be candidates to be part of this letter is not coincidental, as it comes just a week after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pushed Congress to sabotage the Iran deal, and the letter is a clear effort to do exactly that.
Also uncoincidentally, the largest donor to Netanyahu’s reelection campaign, casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, is also a big target donor for Republican candidates. Adelson’s outspoken opponent to diplomacy with Iran is likely fueling a lot of this effort, as politicians in Israel and the US both court his deep pockets with grandiose efforts to sabotage the Iran talks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalans Rally at Barcelona Parliament, Push for Independence - October 21st, 2017
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017