Several weeks of on-again, off-again clashes along the Line of Control, the de facto border between Pakistani and Indian Kashmir, continued apace today when two Pakistani soldiers were reported killed in “unprovoked firing” from the Indian side.
Pakistan has summoned Indian officials and India has summoned Pakistani officials, with each side claiming the other totally to blame for the recent exchanges of fire, and no sign that its going to let up any time soon.
Indian Army officials today revealed the preliminary results of an investigation into the August 6 strike which killed five soldiers, saying that the soldiers had been disregarding standard patrol security patterns and were “sitting ducks” for an ambush. India has blamed Pakistani border soldiers for the ambush, while Pakistan suggested it was militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- IAEA Report Shows Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - November 12th, 2018
- Saudi-Led Attacks on Yemen Port Escalate; 150 Killed in 24 Hours - November 12th, 2018
- Recording Ties Saudi Crown Prince to Khashoggi Killing - November 12th, 2018
- Israel Sends Tanks for Further Gaza Escalation After Botched Raid Sparks Fighting - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Destroy Army Base in Northern Afghanistan, Kill 16 - November 11th, 2018