Several weeks of on-again, off-again clashes along the Line of Control, the de facto border between Pakistani and Indian Kashmir, continued apace today when two Pakistani soldiers were reported killed in “unprovoked firing” from the Indian side.
Pakistan has summoned Indian officials and India has summoned Pakistani officials, with each side claiming the other totally to blame for the recent exchanges of fire, and no sign that its going to let up any time soon.
Indian Army officials today revealed the preliminary results of an investigation into the August 6 strike which killed five soldiers, saying that the soldiers had been disregarding standard patrol security patterns and were “sitting ducks” for an ambush. India has blamed Pakistani border soldiers for the ambush, while Pakistan suggested it was militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon to Withdraw Hundreds of Troops From Africa - November 15th, 2018
- Taliban Kill 65 in Attacks Across Afghanistan - November 15th, 2018
- US Announces Sanctions Supporting Saudi Narrative on Khashoggi - November 15th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Killed Over 100 Civilians in Eastern Syria This Week - November 15th, 2018
- Saudi-led Forces Halt Offensive Against Yemen's Port City of Hodeidah - November 15th, 2018