Several weeks of on-again, off-again clashes along the Line of Control, the de facto border between Pakistani and Indian Kashmir, continued apace today when two Pakistani soldiers were reported killed in “unprovoked firing” from the Indian side.
Pakistan has summoned Indian officials and India has summoned Pakistani officials, with each side claiming the other totally to blame for the recent exchanges of fire, and no sign that its going to let up any time soon.
Indian Army officials today revealed the preliminary results of an investigation into the August 6 strike which killed five soldiers, saying that the soldiers had been disregarding standard patrol security patterns and were “sitting ducks” for an ambush. India has blamed Pakistani border soldiers for the ambush, while Pakistan suggested it was militants.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Tells UN Chief That Golan Is Forever Israel's - February 16th, 2018
- Netanyahu Blocks West Bank Annexation, But Backs Taking More Control - February 16th, 2018
- Pentagon Watchdog: No Significant Progress Made in Afghanistan - February 16th, 2018
- Turkish Army Accused of Hitting Syria's Afrin With Gas Attack - February 16th, 2018
- US, Turkey Agree to Avoid Clash Over Manbij - February 16th, 2018