North Korean officials today angrily denied South Korean claims that they were responsible for the sinking of the Cheonan warship on March 26, which killed some 46 sailors.
South Korea had initially ruled out any Northern involvement but this week declared that the North was “obviously” to blame. A North Korean spokesman claimed the South had fabricated the evidence against them.
One official also warned that if South Korea tried any sort of retaliation or to enforce any additional sanctions against the North Koreans for the sinking, it could lead to an all-out war.
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs issued a prepared statement condemning North Korea for the attack, and said it was a “sign of weakness” on their part. The US is said to be considering its response, but options are limited.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Awash in US Arms, Vehicles, Complicate Afghan War - July 25th, 2017
- Blockading States Expand Qatar 'Terror' Blacklist - July 25th, 2017
- US SOCOM Chief Claims 60,000 to 70,000 ISIS Fighters Killed so Far - July 25th, 2017
- Trump Pledges Support for Lebanon's Anti-ISIS Push - July 25th, 2017
- Video Shows Six Minute Gunbattle in Which Jordan Guard Killed US Troops - July 25th, 2017