A suicide car bomber rammed into a bus belonging to the Indian police in Kashmir on Thursday, killing at least 44 people. This is the deadliest attack in Kashmir in decades.
This is the latest in a growing number of attacks by militants against Indian forces in Kashmir. The Jaish-e Mohammed (JeM), a Pakistan-based group, has claimed credit for this attack. Pakistan’s government denied involvement.
This attack on the main highway through Jammu and Kashmir was a huge explosion, heard several miles away. Journalists reported body parts and blood scattered for 100 meters along the highway around the attack.
Indian officials expressed anger at the attack and blamed the Pakistani government, demanding they do something to JeM. The US also issued a statement condemning Pakistan, and demanding the halt all support for terrorists.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Cuts Ties With Afghan NSA Over Criticism of Negotiator - March 19th, 2019
- New Zealand PM: Censorship Meant to Deny Attacker Notoriety - March 19th, 2019
- Trump Advances Venezuela Regime Change Abroad - March 19th, 2019
- US Slams Germany for Military Spending Falling Short of Trump's Demands - March 19th, 2019
- German Court: Govt Must Question If US Drone Strikes Are Legal - March 19th, 2019