During the Warsaw anti-Iran summit on Thursday, Vice President Mike Pence angrily lashed out at European nations, accusing them of “undermining” the United States’ efforts to crack down on Iran.
He spent the bulk of his speech demanding that the European Union unconditionally withdraw from the P5+1 nuclear deal with Iran, He went on to insist that world peace and freedom depends on collapsing the nuclear deal.
EU officials have already rejected US demands to dishonor the treaty, which the US did last year. Though the US continues to rant and rave about the deal, the IAEA has continued to affirm that Iran is complying with the terms.
With broad complaints about the deal apparently not enough, Pence also declared Iran to be plotting a “new Holocaust,” and that this would lead to a rift between Europe and the United States.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Cuts Ties With Afghan NSA Over Criticism of Negotiator - March 19th, 2019
- New Zealand PM: Censorship Meant to Deny Attacker Notoriety - March 19th, 2019
- Trump Advances Venezuela Regime Change Abroad - March 19th, 2019
- US Slams Germany for Military Spending Falling Short of Trump's Demands - March 19th, 2019
- German Court: Govt Must Question If US Drone Strikes Are Legal - March 19th, 2019