A drone with a bomb attached belonging to Yemen’s Houthi movement carried out an attack against the al-Anad Air Base in southern Yemen on Thursday, killing at least six personnel participating in a military parade.
Pro-Saudi officials, whose forces were attacked at the parade, said that it proved the Houthis don’t want peace. They urged the international community to unite and forcibly disarm the Houthis.
Officials also accused the Houthis of exploiting the Hodeidah ceasefire with this attack, though the attack was in Lahj Province, which is far from Hodeidah, and nowhere near the ceasefire region.
The Houthis own statement said the attack targeted “invaders and mercenaries.” They also claimed a bigger death toll, saying said there were “dozens of dead and wounded” in the attack.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Kurds Declare ISIS 'Defeated' in Syria - March 23rd, 2019
- US Announces New Sanctions Against Iran, Targeting Former Nuclear Scientists - March 22nd, 2019
- Trump's Golan Heights Move Broadly Condemned Worldwide - March 22nd, 2019
- White House Again Declares Victory Over ISIS, But Fighting Continues - March 22nd, 2019
- Pompeo: 'Possible' God Sent Trump to Be Savior of Israel - March 22nd, 2019