In a Friday Tweet angrily condemning the “Obstructionist Democrats,” President Trump has threatened to fully close the US-Mexico border.
He says this will happen unless Congress changes immigration laws to
suit his tastes, and agrees to fully fund his border wall.
Democrat strategist Jesse Ferguson said that Trump had “taken taxpayers hostage” by shutting down the government, and that this latest threat amounted to “upping the ransom demand.”
The US government is in a state of partial shutdown for now over demands by Trump to fund the wall. Congress has no votes scheduled, and isn’t even intended to meet until late next week.
Trump’s comments were vague, as it’s unclear how the border closure to legal traffic would do anything to impact illegal crossings, and similarly unclear how Trump proposes to seal the border without a wall.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian President's Account Blocked on Instagram - April 23rd, 2019
- Libyan Forces Push Hafter's Troops Out of Tripoli - April 23rd, 2019
- UN Report: War Has Set Back Yemen More Than 20 Years - April 23rd, 2019
- Navy SEALs were warned by commanders not to report Iraq war crimes - April 23rd, 2019
- Iran's Parliament Labels Entire US Military as Terrorists - April 23rd, 2019