Saudi airstrikes against the village of Ram in the northern Hajjah Province of Yemen have killed at least six people and wounded an unknown number of others. The slain are all civilians, according to the locals.
The Saudis have not commented on the matter, and it’s not clear why the attack took place at all. The warplanes destroyed two houses on the village’s outskirts, killing two farmers and their relatives.
Saudi-backed fighters have been trying to contest parts of the Hajjah Province recently, but there was no suggestion that Ram was facing an invasion at the time, which means it’s not clear why planes would be active in the area.
This has been a recurring problem across Yemen, with Saudi airstrikes hitting obvious civilian targets of no apparent civilian value, killing thousands of people. The US has called for the Saudis to stop bombing populated areas, though there is no sign that the strikes have even slowed.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- After CNN Report, Facebook Censors Pages With Claimed Links to Russia - February 18th, 2019
- US, EU, and Kurds at Odds Over ISIS Prisoners in Syria - February 18th, 2019
- Syrian Kurdish Commander Wants US to Halt Pullout, Keep 1,500 Troops in Syria - February 18th, 2019
- Venezuela, Richard Branson Plan Dueling Concerts Along Colombian Border - February 18th, 2019
- Trump: Venezuelan Military Members Must Abandon Maduro or 'Lose Everything' - February 18th, 2019