In an interview on Fox News, Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal says that the internal investigation into the murder of Jamal Khashoggi will surely exonerate the crown prince, and that the final version should be released soon.
Whether Prince Alwaleed is in a position to know this for sure isn’t totally clear. He was, after all, among the princes rounded up in the crown prince’s crackdown last year, and spent much of his interview insisting there were no hard feelings about that.
He is probably not wrong, however, as the one constant in the various conflicting Saudi stories is that the crown prince was uninvolved in the murder. The problem is that this is not a particularly credible claim.
Khashoggi was murdered by a 15-man kill team that included a number of the crown prince’s personal security, and some top aides. It is widely believed he ordered the killing personally, because Khashoggi had been a critic of him.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Erdodan Tells Trump: Turkey Ready to Take Over Syria's Manbij - January 20th, 2019
- White House: Israeli TV Report on Peace Plan Not Accurate - January 18th, 2019
- Second Trump-Kim Summit Will Be Held in Late February - January 18th, 2019
- US Bombs, Destroys a Mosque in Syria's Safafiyah - January 18th, 2019
- Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Shells ISIS Forces in Eastern Syria - January 18th, 2019