North Korea’s Rodong Sinmun, its main daily newspaper, issued a signed commentary on Saturday praising President Trump for the progress made on peace, and saying he should continue to act boldly.
The commentary also loudly condemned Trump’s critics, saying he “faces too many opponents” domestically. They singled out some of Trump’s aides and bureaucrats of “distorting facts” and trying to undermine him.
The commentary also addressed the seeming stalemate on the question of ending the Korean War, suggesting that certain US figures are “distorting” how Trump sees the proposal, and are “boycotting” peace.
Their solution for this was again to urge Trump to act boldly and decisively, and unilaterally advance the peace proposal even over internal opposition. North Korea seems to be betting that they can convince Trump to come to the table on the plan despite him having shown little interest in advancing peace with the North in recent comments.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Hit Somalia, Killing 37 'Fighters' - November 20th, 2018
- US, Iraq Pound ISIS Targets in Eastern Syria - November 20th, 2018
- Fighting Rages in Yemen's Hodeidah After Pro-Saudi Forces Scrapped Ceasefire - November 20th, 2018
- North Korea Destroys Guard Posts Along Demilitarized Zone - November 20th, 2018
- US Sanctions Iranian, Russian Companies for Shipping Oil to Syria - November 20th, 2018