Happy with what was accomplished at his first summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, President Trump has invited Putin to come to the White House in the future for a second summit.
White House officials say that President Trump has already told John Bolton to invite Putin to the summit, and that discussions between the US and Russian officials about the possibility of a second meeting are “already underway.”
Trump expressed confidence that all difficulties between the US and Russia can be solved, and said he is looking forward to starting to implement some of the ideas that he and Putin discussed in the Helsinki meeting.
Trump and some Russian officials have made reference to verbal agreements reached at the summit. The specifics of many of these are unclear, and even top US intelligence officials have told the press they don’t exactly know what was discussed.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: Saudis Dismembered Journalist While He Was Still Alive, Audio Recording Shows - October 17th, 2018
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018