According to a new report in the Daily Telegraph, the concerns about a US attack on North Korea are very well-founded, and the White House has “dramatically” stepped up plans for what it is calling a “bloody nose” attack on North Korea.
Apparently ignoring months of analyst warnings that there is no way to have a “limited” war with North Korea, the White House envisions a quick, damaging attack, potentially destroying North Korea’s missile test site, and some stockpiles, which would, according to officials, show how “serious” President Trump is.
This is seen by the administration as an option short of full-scale nuclear war, and the only such option available to them since they’re bound and determined not to engage in direct diplomacy with North Korea.
The Pentagon is coming up with “multiple options” for such attacks, and while they’re all relatively vague, they all seem based on the assumption that Kim Jong Un will be so impressed with how aggressive the US is, he will cheerfully submit to all of America’s preconditions without question.
In reality, analysts agree that North Korea would see any attack as the start of a full-scale war of regime change, and standing military orders are to retaliate against US targets with everything they have, assuming everything not used will be destroyed in the US strikes at any rate.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Baghdad's Fortified Green Zone Opens to Public - December 10th, 2018
- US Hopes for an Afghan Peace Deal by April Appear Dim - December 10th, 2018
- US Threatens to Punish China With More Tariffs as 'Hard Deadline' Looms - December 10th, 2018
- Yemen Prisoner Swap Deal Underway as Talks Continue - December 10th, 2018
- Yemeni Govt Rejects UN Peacekeeping Mission in Hodeidah - December 10th, 2018