A new video apparently issued by the central ISIS faction based in Syria shows the execution and beheading of some 30 people in Libya, who the militants claimed as “belonging to the hostile Ethiopian church.”
The video shows two separate rounds of 15 executions, reportedly in Barka Province and Fazzan Province, by ISIS affiliate fighters in Libya.
Libyan ISIS has become an increasingly high-profile faction, having pledged allegiance to the parent group last year in an attempt to improve their recruiting ability. They are reportedly getting significant advisory support from the parent group now.
The fighters in the video go on to demand that Christians either convert or submit to paying the Jizya tax to ISIS. Ethiopia said they couldn’t confirm whether any of the slain are actually Ethiopian citizens.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ceasefire Allows Thousands of Yemenis to Flee Port City of Hodeidah - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Evacuates Hundreds of White Helmets From Syria Into Jordan - July 22nd, 2018
- US Launches Campaign to Undermine Support for Iran's Leaders - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Offers to Reopen Gaza Crossing on Tuesday If Ceasefire Holds - July 22nd, 2018
- Israel Attacks Syrian Military Site in Hama Province - July 22nd, 2018