A new video apparently issued by the central ISIS faction based in Syria shows the execution and beheading of some 30 people in Libya, who the militants claimed as “belonging to the hostile Ethiopian church.”
The video shows two separate rounds of 15 executions, reportedly in Barka Province and Fazzan Province, by ISIS affiliate fighters in Libya.
Libyan ISIS has become an increasingly high-profile faction, having pledged allegiance to the parent group last year in an attempt to improve their recruiting ability. They are reportedly getting significant advisory support from the parent group now.
The fighters in the video go on to demand that Christians either convert or submit to paying the Jizya tax to ISIS. Ethiopia said they couldn’t confirm whether any of the slain are actually Ethiopian citizens.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Again Gets Caught Up in Prediction of Syria Victory 'by Tonight' - March 21st, 2019
- Pompeo Threatens to Curb Israel Ties Over Growing Israeli Trade With China - March 21st, 2019
- Bolton Vows Action Against Venezuela's Maduro, Says 'the Window Is Closing' - March 21st, 2019
- Pentagon Sends B-52 Bombers to Europe for Exercises Amid Tensions With Russia - March 21st, 2019
- Trump Endorses Israeli Annexation of Golan Heights - March 21st, 2019