A new video apparently issued by the central ISIS faction based in Syria shows the execution and beheading of some 30 people in Libya, who the militants claimed as “belonging to the hostile Ethiopian church.”
The video shows two separate rounds of 15 executions, reportedly in Barka Province and Fazzan Province, by ISIS affiliate fighters in Libya.
Libyan ISIS has become an increasingly high-profile faction, having pledged allegiance to the parent group last year in an attempt to improve their recruiting ability. They are reportedly getting significant advisory support from the parent group now.
The fighters in the video go on to demand that Christians either convert or submit to paying the Jizya tax to ISIS. Ethiopia said they couldn’t confirm whether any of the slain are actually Ethiopian citizens.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition to Open Humanitarian Corridors Out of Yemen's Hodeidah Port - September 24th, 2018
- Trump Expects Announcement of Second Summit With North Korea 'Pretty Soon' - September 24th, 2018
- US Troops Will Remain in Syria, Officials Say - September 24th, 2018
- Bolton Slams Russia, Says S-300 Sale in Syria Is 'Significant Escalation' - September 24th, 2018
- Russia Will Provide S-300 Air Defense to Syria - September 24th, 2018