Taking to the major American networks today Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu continued railing against the Iran nuclear framework deal, and reiterated his determination to try to kill it.
Netanyahu has repeatedly talked up sabotaging the nuclear negotiations on Israeli media, but this was the first time he was so overt about leading the anti-diplomacy push on US media.
He tried to prevent the push against the current deal as a push for a “better deal,” though that hypothetical deal that Netanyahu might accept is so far-fetched US officials say it wasn’t even worth bringing up at the talks to the other Western nations, let alone Iran.
As it stands, however, Israel appears to be inconsolably outraged about the deal, and is gearing up its powerful lobby for another run at the US Congress, with an eye toward getting legislation passed that would effectively sabotage the ongoing talks toward a final deal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Toxic Materials Found in Saudi Consulate - October 16th, 2018