There was no specific intelligence about any terrorist attacks for Thanksgiving, and that’s got the Department of Homeland Security on edge. There’s always supposed to be an imminent threat against literally everything.
Officials are trying to reassure Americans that they are “vigilant” over the lack of terror chatter going into the Thanksgiving holiday, particularly since the October attack in Canada.
One official quoted in the Washington Times, who insisted on anonymity, said that the lack of terror chatter was not necessarily an indicator of a threat, nor necessarily an indicator of the absence of a threat.
Officials say that even in the absence of specific intelligence on specific attacks, a terrorist attack, particularly a small-scale strike by a lone wolf attacker, remains entirely possible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Delivering Excavation Equipment to Syria's Kurdish YPG - April 22nd, 2019
- Appeals Court Won't Release Chelsea Manning From Jail - April 22nd, 2019
- Bernie Sanders Seeks Override of Trump's Yemen Veto - April 22nd, 2019
- US Offers $10 Million to 'Disrupt' Hezbollah Finances - April 22nd, 2019
- US Ends Iran Waivers, Raising Global Oil Prices - April 22nd, 2019