There was no specific intelligence about any terrorist attacks for Thanksgiving, and that’s got the Department of Homeland Security on edge. There’s always supposed to be an imminent threat against literally everything.
Officials are trying to reassure Americans that they are “vigilant” over the lack of terror chatter going into the Thanksgiving holiday, particularly since the October attack in Canada.
One official quoted in the Washington Times, who insisted on anonymity, said that the lack of terror chatter was not necessarily an indicator of a threat, nor necessarily an indicator of the absence of a threat.
Officials say that even in the absence of specific intelligence on specific attacks, a terrorist attack, particularly a small-scale strike by a lone wolf attacker, remains entirely possible.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- After CNN Report, Facebook Censors Pages With Claimed Links to Russia - February 18th, 2019
- US, EU, and Kurds at Odds Over ISIS Prisoners in Syria - February 18th, 2019
- Syrian Kurdish Commander Wants US to Halt Pullout, Keep 1,500 Troops in Syria - February 18th, 2019
- Venezuela, Richard Branson Plan Dueling Concerts Along Colombian Border - February 18th, 2019
- Trump: Venezuelan Military Members Must Abandon Maduro or 'Lose Everything' - February 18th, 2019