While the Obama Administration’s position on Syria continues to change, there is never any doubt among officials that getting involved in the nation’s civil war is something they should be doing.
Yet another new poll has been released, however, this time from Fox News, showing overwhelming opposition among American voters to the idea of getting involved. The poll showed only 23 percent of voters approve involvement, compared to 68 percent who did not.
And unlike a lot of polls, this one shows solidarity across party lines, with 70 percent of Republicans, 69 percent of Democrats, and 65 percent of Independents opposing involvement.
The results reflect a growing opposition compared to similar polls from Reuters and CBS in late April, which both showed solid opposition of 61 and 63 percent, respectively. Though the Obama Administration has repeatedly insisted polls won’t drive their policy, such overwhelming American opposition to meddling in Syria seems like it will be difficult to ignore.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Kills 14 in Suicide Bombings in South Yemen Port of Aden - February 25th, 2018
- Syrian Kurd Leader Arrested in Prague at Behest of Turkey - February 25th, 2018
- UN Unanimously Backs Ceasefire in Syria - February 25th, 2018
- Palestinians Slam Planned US Embassy Move to Jerusalem - February 23rd, 2018
- White House Orders Military Parade for Veterans Day - February 23rd, 2018