Boko Haram’s leadership has issued a half hour video today in Nigeria issuing a series of demands, including a call for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to resign and convert to Islam. The group also slammed population control initiatives being advanced by the government as unacceptable.
The center of the comments, however, were a blanket denial for several attacks which have killed women and children. The organization acknowledged that such attacks took place but denied anything to do with them.
They explained this by saying the attackers were using their name illegitimately and promised to “go after” those it catches doing so. They insisted the only attacks they carried out were against “those who have offended us, arrested our people and killed them.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Will Probe Accusations Acting Defense Secretary Used Office to Help Boeing - March 20th, 2019
- Afghan Military, Civilian Casualties Have Sharply Risen in Past Year - March 20th, 2019
- US Plans Uncertain, But Russia Also Looks to Exit Syria - March 20th, 2019
- Pentagon Denies Reports of Civilians Killed in Somalia Strikes - March 20th, 2019
- In Tight Election, Netanyahu Seeks US Endorsement of Golan Annexation - March 20th, 2019