Speaking today in an interview on Pakistan’s Geo News channel, US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter chided Pakistanis for continuing to express anger about the US attack on a pair of military bases just over two weeks ago.
“We have pledged a full inquiry,” reasoned Munter, expressing surprise that the killings were still a subject of discussion inside Pakistan, and advising viewers to “not forget that Pakistan and US are on the same side” and “get beyond” criticism.
“When people die, whether they are Pakistanis or Americans, it is too many,” insisted Munter, added that “we have really tried to make it clear how sorrowful we are about this event. We feel the pain of the Pakistani people.”
The November 26 attack killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, and top Pakistani military officials say the attack was not only deliberate but was “pre-planned.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- France Remains Committed to Iran Nuclear Deal - February 19th, 2018
- Russian FM Slams Calls to Halt Idlib Offensive - February 19th, 2018
- Turkish Officials Hope to Resolve Manbij Issues With Dialogue With US - February 19th, 2018
- Strikes Kill Scores in Syria's Eastern Ghouta in the Past 24 Hours - February 19th, 2018
- Israel Arming at Least Seven Syrian Rebel Groups - February 19th, 2018