Speaking today in an interview on Pakistan’s Geo News channel, US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter chided Pakistanis for continuing to express anger about the US attack on a pair of military bases just over two weeks ago.
“We have pledged a full inquiry,” reasoned Munter, expressing surprise that the killings were still a subject of discussion inside Pakistan, and advising viewers to “not forget that Pakistan and US are on the same side” and “get beyond” criticism.
“When people die, whether they are Pakistanis or Americans, it is too many,” insisted Munter, added that “we have really tried to make it clear how sorrowful we are about this event. We feel the pain of the Pakistani people.”
The November 26 attack killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, and top Pakistani military officials say the attack was not only deliberate but was “pre-planned.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni al-Qaeda Denies Secret Deal With UAE - August 17th, 2018
- Afghan President Visits Ghazni to Declare Victory, but Fighting Is Ongoing - August 17th, 2018
- Bomb That Killed Scores of Children in Yemen Was US Supplied - August 17th, 2018
- US Redirects Syria Funds, Emphasizes It Is Not Withdrawing - August 17th, 2018
- Officials Worry Trump May Back Erik Prince Plan to 'Privatize' Afghan War - August 17th, 2018