According to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey and the United States have agreed in principle to allow the deployment of drones from Turkish soil to be used for surveillance against the Kurdish rebel forces near the Iraqi border. The US has been keen to make such a deal to ensure a US presence after December’s nominally “end” to the Iraq occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- At Least 30 Killed in Attacks Across Afghanistan - December 11th, 2018
- Iraqi Warplanes Strike Two ISIS Buildings in Eastern Syria - December 11th, 2018
- Trump Offers to Intervene in Huawei Case to Close Trade Deal - December 11th, 2018
- State Dept: Ending Yemen War 'Sends a Wrong Message' - December 11th, 2018
- Senate to Vote on Yemen War Challenge on Wednesday - December 11th, 2018