According to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey and the United States have agreed in principle to allow the deployment of drones from Turkish soil to be used for surveillance against the Kurdish rebel forces near the Iraqi border. The US has been keen to make such a deal to ensure a US presence after December’s nominally “end” to the Iraq occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018
- Despite Pledge Not to, Germany Approves Sale of Arms to Saudi Arabia - September 19th, 2018
- State Dept: ISIS, al-Qaeda Adapting After Recent Losses - September 19th, 2018
- Thousands Return Home in Northwest Syria After Deal Prevents Offensive - September 19th, 2018
- North, South Korea to Form Joint Military Committee - September 19th, 2018