As of 11 PM EST tonight, Democratic Party Presidential nominee Barack Hussein Obama has been declared by all major networks to be the victor of the 2008 campaign, and the junior Senator from Illinois will be inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States of America.
Starting tomorrow, he will transition from a hotly contested battle for the White House which lasted over a year to a President-elect preparing to take control of the nation’s executive branch in time of war. The Pentagon reported early today that it is prepared to begin briefing the new President-elect’s foreign policy team on the situation across the globe.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Will Leave 400 US Troops in Syria After Pullout - February 22nd, 2019
- Amid Yemen War Outrage, UAE Agrees to Buy Another $5.4 Billion in Arms - February 21st, 2019
- US Troop Cuts Not Intended to Be Discussed at Trump-Kim Summit - February 21st, 2019
- Putin: Russia Is Militarily Ready for Another Cuban-Style Missile Crisis - February 21st, 2019
- US Military's Anti-Drug Campaign in Afghanistan Ends in Failure - February 21st, 2019