As of 11 PM EST tonight, Democratic Party Presidential nominee Barack Hussein Obama has been declared by all major networks to be the victor of the 2008 campaign, and the junior Senator from Illinois will be inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States of America.
Starting tomorrow, he will transition from a hotly contested battle for the White House which lasted over a year to a President-elect preparing to take control of the nation’s executive branch in time of war. The Pentagon reported early today that it is prepared to begin briefing the new President-elect’s foreign policy team on the situation across the globe.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Britain Cuts Aid to Syrian Rebels, Citing Security Woes - August 20th, 2018
- China Defies US Pressure as EU Parts Ways With Iranian Oil - August 20th, 2018
- North Korea Faces Food Crisis, But US Sanctions Are Blocking Aid - August 20th, 2018
- Russia Says Won't Put Weapons in Space First - August 20th, 2018
- Taliban Kidnap Nearly 200 Bus Passengers, Most Freed - August 20th, 2018