Speaking on Israeli Army Radio today, Brigadier General Moni Katz bragged about the large number of civilian homes the Israeli military will destroy across Southern Lebanon the next time a war breaks out in that area.
Though Katz said he sees the calm on the border continuing for the “foreseeable future,” he also says destroying the homes in southern villages will be a “harsh blow” to Hezbollah.
Israeli Air Force Major General Amir Eshel had previously talked up plans to launch attacks primarily against residential areas across Lebanon in the next war, saying Israel will inflict high civilian casualties in the conflict.
Israel’s style of warfare lends itself to massive civilian death tolls against their targets, and while Israeli politicians regularly deny the killings as intentional, top Israeli military brass seem to revel in the large body counts they plan to accrue in future wars.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq Says They Killed 45 ISIS Members in Syria Airstrikes - June 24th, 2018
- UN Offers to Manage Yemen Aid Port of Hodeidah - June 24th, 2018
- Pentagon Sends Coffins, Flags to DMZ to Receive War Remains From North Korea - June 24th, 2018
- Iraqi Cleric Sadr Forms Political Alliance With PM Abadi - June 24th, 2018
- Judges Limit Iraq Vote Recount to 'Suspect' Ballots - June 24th, 2018