According to ISIS, an American suicide attacker who they referred to as Abu Dawud al-Amriki carried out an attack against Iraqi ground forces near the city of Samarra today.
The ISIS radio bulletin said Amriki launched a suicide truck bombing against a gathering of Iraqi forces and Shi’ite militias who are involved in plans to carry out the invasion of Tikrit.
Iraqi government sources have not confirmed such an attack, which ISIS said killed “dozens” of fighters, and no one has provided any indication who this Amriki actually is.
Suicide attacks by Westerners are often hyped by ISIS to underscore their recruitment successes. This is not the first American suicide bomber reported by ISIS, but is one of only a handful.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017
- NATO Chief Declares Alliance 'Fully Committed' to US War in Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017
- Haley Demands IAEA Launch New Inspections of Iran Military Sites - August 22nd, 2017
- No End in Sight for US War in Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017