According to ISIS, an American suicide attacker who they referred to as Abu Dawud al-Amriki carried out an attack against Iraqi ground forces near the city of Samarra today.
The ISIS radio bulletin said Amriki launched a suicide truck bombing against a gathering of Iraqi forces and Shi’ite militias who are involved in plans to carry out the invasion of Tikrit.
Iraqi government sources have not confirmed such an attack, which ISIS said killed “dozens” of fighters, and no one has provided any indication who this Amriki actually is.
Suicide attacks by Westerners are often hyped by ISIS to underscore their recruitment successes. This is not the first American suicide bomber reported by ISIS, but is one of only a handful.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018