White House officials today are confirming reports from earlier this week that they are withholding details about the Iran nuclear talks from Israel, saying they believe Israel has been leaking fragments of that information to try to sabotage the talks.
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest says that Israel has been deliberately “cherry-picking specific pieces of information and using them out of context” to try to put the US in a bad light in the negotiations.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has expressed outrage at the US withholding details of the talks from him, saying it proves the negotiations are bad for Israel.
It should not be surprising, however, as Netanyahu openly said earlier this month that he intended to do everything in his power to sabotage the Iran talks. In that context, it would be reckless for the US to keep giving him ammunition to use.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Confirms Discussions on Ending 68-Year Korean War - April 18th, 2018
- Trump Says He'll Sanction Russia as Soon as They Deserve It - April 18th, 2018
- Mattis Wanted Congressional Approval for Syria Attack, Trump Said No - April 18th, 2018
- UN Security Team Delays Inspectors Entrance to Douma for 'Safety' - April 18th, 2018
- Syria Says Chemical Weapons Experts to Visit Douma Wednesday (UPDATED) - April 17th, 2018