Israel Promises Further Escalations, But Mum on Ground Invasion
Tensions continue to rise in the Gaza Strip today, with the Israeli military ordering some 100,000 Palestinian civilians to leave their homes pending an “expansion” of the operation, which has so far consisted of airstrikes while have killed nearly 200 Gazans, mostly civilians.
Whether or not that means a full-scale ground invasion is unclear, and Israeli officials are not making their intentions clear in this regard yet, though after the recent ceasefire attempt failed, they are promising more and more escalations.
Israel has been mobilizing tens of thousands of reservists for the invasion, and the military insisted yesterday that their preparations are complete, and that they are just waiting for the cabinet to give the order.
In the meantime, the Israeli airstrikes seem to be moving on to targeting top figures in Hamas’ political wing, destroying their homes instead of the random civilian homes that were the primary target earlier in the conflict.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Sec/Def, Other Top Dems Oppose Manning's Release - January 17th, 2017
- Key NATO Commander Agrees With Trump, NATO Is Obsolete - January 17th, 2017
- Nigerian Warplanes Attack Refugee Camp, Killing Over 100 Civilians - January 17th, 2017
- US Strike Syria's al-Bab After Turkish Criticism - January 17th, 2017
- US Ambassador: Russia Tearing Down Whole World Order - January 17th, 2017