Tensions continue to rise in the Gaza Strip today, with the Israeli military ordering some 100,000 Palestinian civilians to leave their homes pending an “expansion” of the operation, which has so far consisted of airstrikes while have killed nearly 200 Gazans, mostly civilians.
Whether or not that means a full-scale ground invasion is unclear, and Israeli officials are not making their intentions clear in this regard yet, though after the recent ceasefire attempt failed, they are promising more and more escalations.
Israel has been mobilizing tens of thousands of reservists for the invasion, and the military insisted yesterday that their preparations are complete, and that they are just waiting for the cabinet to give the order.
In the meantime, the Israeli airstrikes seem to be moving on to targeting top figures in Hamas’ political wing, destroying their homes instead of the random civilian homes that were the primary target earlier in the conflict.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Separatists Attack Iran Military Parade in Ahvaz, Killing at Least 29 - September 22nd, 2018
- Israeli Delegation Continues to Try to Explain Downing of Russian Plane in Syria - September 21st, 2018
- German Companies Continue to Withdraw From Iran - September 21st, 2018
- As Afghan Military Deaths Soar, Officials Struggle to Keep Toll Secret - September 21st, 2018
- Afghan Officials Will Meet Taliban in Moscow - September 21st, 2018