Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kurdish Forces Seize North Syrian Town From ISIS - July 27th, 2015
- Clashes, Airstrikes Escalate After Yemen Ceasefire Fails - July 27th, 2015
- US, Turkey Eye 60-Mile 'Safe Zone' in Northern Syria - July 27th, 2015
- Syrian Kurds: Turkish Forces Shelling Our Fighters Near Kobani - July 27th, 2015
- FBI Defends 'Speedy Detentions' as Many Allegations Prove Unfounded - July 27th, 2015