Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kashmir Militant Attack on Indian Soldiers Leaves 11 Dead - November 27th, 2014
- US 'Vigilant' Over Lack of Terror Chatter for Thanksgiving - November 27th, 2014
- Aleppo Residents Pessimistic About Latest UN Ceasefire Push - November 27th, 2014
- US, Israel Press Switzerland to Skip Geneva Convention Summit on Palestine - November 27th, 2014
- Israel: Foiled West Bank Hamas Cell Linked With Turkey - November 27th, 2014