Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- As Rebels Pound Aleppo, Kerry Threatens Assad - May 3rd, 2016
- US Mulls Sending More Troops to Iraq, Syria to Fight ISIS - May 3rd, 2016
- Turkey: 42 PKK Fighters Killed in Past 48 Hours - May 3rd, 2016
- Britain Considers Sending Hundreds More Troops to Iraq - May 3rd, 2016
- After Brawl, Turkish Committee Votes to End Opposition MPs' Legal Immunity - May 3rd, 2016