Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Forces Capture Idlib Province Airbase - January 21st, 2018
- In US Government Shutdown, Military Becomes a Hot Topic - January 21st, 2018
- Olympics a Catalyst for Easing Korea Tensions - January 21st, 2018
- US Urges Turkey to 'Exercise Restraint' in Syria Invasion - January 21st, 2018
- Turkey's Long-Anticipated War With Syrian Kurds Begins in Earnest - January 21st, 2018