Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Heavy Fighting: Ukraine Attacks Areas Around MH17 Crash Site - July 28th, 2014
- Israel Orders Thousands More Palestinians to Leave Gaza City Outskirts - July 28th, 2014
- Sunni Politician's Abduction Raises Question of Who Controls Shiite Militias - July 28th, 2014
- Citing Holocaust, Israel Demands 'Strict Regulation' of Antiwar Protests in Europe - July 28th, 2014
- State Dept. Lashes Israel 'Misinformation' on Kerry Ceasefire Plan - July 28th, 2014