Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Amnesty: US-Backed Syrian Kurds Committing War Crimes - October 12th, 2015
- NATO Vows Military Support if Turkey Goes to War with Russia - October 12th, 2015
- Major Taliban Sweep Continues as Forces Near Key Afghan City of Ghazni - October 12th, 2015
- US Airdrops Weapons, Ammunition to North Syrian Rebels - October 12th, 2015
- Syrian al-Qaeda Leader Urges Escalated Attacks on Alawites - October 12th, 2015