Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Sen. Graham: 2017 Is the 'Year of Kicking Russia in the Ass' - February 19th, 2017
- Trump: Gulf States Will Pay for Syria Safe Zones - February 19th, 2017
- Race to Raqqa Puts ISIS Enemies at Odds With One Another - February 19th, 2017
- Syrian Rocket Fire Hits Funeral Outside Damascus, Killing 16 Civilians - February 19th, 2017
- US Navy: Nuke-Capable Submarine Missiles Tested Successfully Off California Coast - February 19th, 2017