Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrike Kills 15-20 Civilians at Iraqi Funeral Procession Near Kirkuk - October 23rd, 2016
- Heavily Dug In ISIS Forces in Libya's Sirte Continue to Resist Offensives - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey DM Claims US Eager to Work With Them on Raqqa Invasion - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey: 18 PKK Killed in Attacks in SE Turkey, Northern Iraq - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey Continues Attacks After Killing 200 Syrian Kurds - October 21st, 2016