Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Capture of Iraq's Amerli Fuels Fear of Revenge Killings - September 1st, 2014
- Vaunted 'Secular Rebels' Annoyed They Are Left Out of US Plans for Syria - September 1st, 2014
- Ukraine Hypes 'Great War': 'Worst Since WW2' - September 1st, 2014
- Tripoli Falls: Libya No Longer Controls Most Government Buildings - September 1st, 2014
- Afghan Power-Sharing Talks Collapse as Karzai Retires - September 1st, 2014