Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North, South Korea Make Tit-for-Tat Moves at Kaesong Industrial Zone - February 11th, 2016
- Russia: US Warplanes Bombed Aleppo Hospitals, Not Russians - February 11th, 2016
- CIA Director: ISIS Has Used Chemical Weapons, Can Make More - February 11th, 2016
- NATO Sends Warships to Try to Keep Refugees Out of Europe - February 11th, 2016
- Saudis Confirm Plans to Send Ground Troops to Syria - February 11th, 2016