Civilians Given Less Than a Minute to Flee Bombings
Israeli warplanes are dropping leaflets on the Gaza Strip today, warning civilians to “move away” from areas that Hamas controls to avoid being hit in ongoing Israeli attacks.
That sounds great in theory, but apart from the lucky few with citizenship somewhere else, there is no place to go The strip isn’t that big, and everyplace is conceivably a target.
Residential areas are taking the bulk of the hits from Israeli airstrikes, and while the IDF makes much of their “warnings” before such attacks, many have less than a minute between the “warning” and the missile leveling their home.
Gaza is densely populated, and even if there was some place that isn’t being constantly bombarded, which there isn’t, it couldn’t possibly fit the million-plus residents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Munich Attacker Who Killed Nine Had No ISIS Ties - July 23rd, 2016
- ISIS Attack on Afghan Shi'ite Protest Kills 80, Wounds 231 - July 23rd, 2016
- Boeing: If We Can't Have Iran, Nobody Should - July 22nd, 2016
- Deputy PM: Turkey's Mass Detentions Just 'the Tip of the Iceberg' - July 22nd, 2016
- Russia's June Attack on South Syria Rebel Base Was a Day After UK Troops Left - July 22nd, 2016