It seemed hard to imagine, when Russian airline Aeroflot began reporting that Ukraine had sent them an official order banning all Russian men between the age of 16 and 60 from entering the Ukraine. The ban also applies to all Crimeans, including women.
With so many false narratives out there, this seemed like just another, but Ukraine’s border service confirmed that the policy was in place, and part of a policy of limiting access to “undesirable individuals.”
The official defense of the policy went on to claim that the measures were a response to the “risk of possible terrorist acts” by ethnic Russians in eastern Ukraine, where protesters hold considerable territory.
Russia blasted the policy as “disgusting,” going on to term it a “discriminatory and unfriendly act.” Aeroflot said that they will offer travelers a full refund for any tickets to Ukraine.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Militia Chief Wants Fighters Placed Under National Army - December 14th, 2017
- US Troops, Syrian Rebels Battle ISIS Near Key Base - December 14th, 2017
- US Will Preposition Jet Fuel in Algeria, Niger to Expand Drone Wars - December 14th, 2017
- US Warplanes Fire Warning Flares at Russian Jets Over Syria - December 14th, 2017
- Iran: US Presentation of Iranian Arms in Yemen Fabricated - December 14th, 2017