AFP reporter Sardar Ahmad, his wife and two of his children were among nine people killed in an attack on the Serena hotel in Kabul, a luxury hotel popular with foreign diplomats.
Reports say the attackers, four teenagers, managed to sneak pistols into the hotel hidden in their socks, and got past several layers of security at the hotel before launching their attack at the buffet.
Though the attackers had only tiny pistols they managed to keep shooting for two solid hours until security forces managed to kill the last attacker.
The interior ministry said they believe the attack is “threatening the security of the election” in April, and that the believe the target was an Afghan Senator, who was injured but alive. Three other MPs were also there, and threw their drinks at the attackers, escaping unharmed.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria Informs US Leaders on Future Air Wars - September 19th, 2017
- Western Nations Clash at UN Over Iran Nuclear Deal - September 19th, 2017
- US May Try to Shoot Down Future North Korean Missile - September 19th, 2017
- Catalonia Mayors Exercise Right to Remain Silent in Referendum Interrogation - September 19th, 2017
- US Bombing Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria at Record Pace - September 19th, 2017