AFP reporter Sardar Ahmad, his wife and two of his children were among nine people killed in an attack on the Serena hotel in Kabul, a luxury hotel popular with foreign diplomats.
Reports say the attackers, four teenagers, managed to sneak pistols into the hotel hidden in their socks, and got past several layers of security at the hotel before launching their attack at the buffet.
Though the attackers had only tiny pistols they managed to keep shooting for two solid hours until security forces managed to kill the last attacker.
The interior ministry said they believe the attack is “threatening the security of the election” in April, and that the believe the target was an Afghan Senator, who was injured but alive. Three other MPs were also there, and threw their drinks at the attackers, escaping unharmed.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Palestinians Slam Planned US Embassy Move to Jerusalem - February 23rd, 2018
- White House Orders Military Parade for Veterans Day - February 23rd, 2018
- Turkish Army Attacks Afrin Convoy, Kurds Say It Was Full of Aid - February 23rd, 2018
- Nigeria Sends More Troops to Look for Missing Girls - February 23rd, 2018
- Trump Vows 'Largest Ever' North Korea Sanctions, Threatens Ominous 'Phase Two' - February 23rd, 2018