Tells Chechen Militant Crimea Is a 'Unique Chance' to Strike
In addition to being the front-line of Kiev’s protests last month, Ukraine’s Right Sector is also a major thorn in the side of the interim Ukrainian government’s credibility, seemingly the worst-case scenario faction possible.
Western nations had apparently decided to look the other way at the group’s overt neo-Nazi affiliations, and the latest reports have the group’s leader Dmitryo Yarosh courting terrorists as potential allies for the new Ukraine.
In a post of the Right Sector’s social media page, Yarosh claims long-standing Ukrainian support for “Chechen militants,” and urges terrorist leader Doku Umarov to launch attacks against Russia in support of Ukraine.
Yarosh claims the ongoing chaos in Crimea provides a “unique chance” for Umarov to defeat Russia once and for all. Russia has sent troops to Crimea to back the autonomous region’s secession from the Ukraine. The protester-installed interim government in Ukraine has dubbed this a declaration of war, and has been courting Western intervention on their behalf.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Controls Half of Kobani as Peshmerga Arrive - October 29th, 2014
- US, Israeli Relations Hit a New Low - October 29th, 2014
- ISIS Kills 30 Syrian Troops in Latest Push Against Gas Field - October 29th, 2014
- Hagel Affirms Quarantine for All Returning Troops From Ebola Operation - October 29th, 2014
- Egypt Junta Demolishes Sinai Homes for 'Buffer Zone' - October 29th, 2014