Tells Chechen Militant Crimea Is a 'Unique Chance' to Strike
In addition to being the front-line of Kiev’s protests last month, Ukraine’s Right Sector is also a major thorn in the side of the interim Ukrainian government’s credibility, seemingly the worst-case scenario faction possible.
Western nations had apparently decided to look the other way at the group’s overt neo-Nazi affiliations, and the latest reports have the group’s leader Dmitryo Yarosh courting terrorists as potential allies for the new Ukraine.
In a post of the Right Sector’s social media page, Yarosh claims long-standing Ukrainian support for “Chechen militants,” and urges terrorist leader Doku Umarov to launch attacks against Russia in support of Ukraine.
Yarosh claims the ongoing chaos in Crimea provides a “unique chance” for Umarov to defeat Russia once and for all. Russia has sent troops to Crimea to back the autonomous region’s secession from the Ukraine. The protester-installed interim government in Ukraine has dubbed this a declaration of war, and has been courting Western intervention on their behalf.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria: US Destroyed Eastern Bridges in Attack on Infrastructure - September 29th, 2016
- Congressional Leaders Move to Weaken 9/11 Victims Bill After Override - September 29th, 2016
- Kerry: US Close to Ending Russia Talks Over Syria - September 29th, 2016
- Baloch Separatist Leader in Pakistan 'Would Welcome' India's Help - September 29th, 2016
- Allies Criticize US Airstrikes Hitting Wrong Targets in Somalia, Afghanistan - September 29th, 2016