Tells Chechen Militant Crimea Is a 'Unique Chance' to Strike
In addition to being the front-line of Kiev’s protests last month, Ukraine’s Right Sector is also a major thorn in the side of the interim Ukrainian government’s credibility, seemingly the worst-case scenario faction possible.
Western nations had apparently decided to look the other way at the group’s overt neo-Nazi affiliations, and the latest reports have the group’s leader Dmitryo Yarosh courting terrorists as potential allies for the new Ukraine.
In a post of the Right Sector’s social media page, Yarosh claims long-standing Ukrainian support for “Chechen militants,” and urges terrorist leader Doku Umarov to launch attacks against Russia in support of Ukraine.
Yarosh claims the ongoing chaos in Crimea provides a “unique chance” for Umarov to defeat Russia once and for all. Russia has sent troops to Crimea to back the autonomous region’s secession from the Ukraine. The protester-installed interim government in Ukraine has dubbed this a declaration of war, and has been courting Western intervention on their behalf.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Envoy: Syria Offers to Halt Aleppo Strikes for Six Weeks - February 17th, 2015
- Putin Urges Ukraine Military to Cede Contested Town - February 17th, 2015
- US Will Let Syrian Rebels Call In Airstrikes - February 17th, 2015
- Holder: US Not Censoring Journalists Because 'We're Not in a Time of War' - February 17th, 2015
- US Compiles 'Hit List' of ISIS Suspects it Intends to Kill - February 17th, 2015