Locals and human rights activists are up in arms today in the remote Greek village of Praggi, where some 150 Syrian refugees who were living in the courtyard of the local church have mysteriously “disappeared.”
The only clue about what happened is that white police vans were seen moving toward the church. After that, all the Syrians were simply gone.
Greek police have been very open about their desire to make life “unbearable” for refugees to convince them to flee somewhere else, but they’ve so far been mum on the Praggi refugees. It is believed they were forced back across the border into Turkey.
Other refugees have had much the same experience with fleeing to Greece, reporting routine beatings and general abuse much in the vein of what they were fleeing from in he first place.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu: The Bible Proves Jerusalem Is Israel's Capital - December 11th, 2017
- ISIS Is Gone, But Iraq's Main Refinery Remains in Ruins - December 11th, 2017
- US-Backed Syrian Kurds, Iraqi Army Coordinate at Border - December 11th, 2017
- Iran FM Urges Europe to Preserve Nuclear Deal - December 11th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Cleric Urges Fighters to Disarm - December 11th, 2017