Secret Liquid Responsible for Transformational Threat
Unnamed US officials are being quoted in the media today claiming that al-Qaeda has invented some sort of near-magical liquid that is capable of turning ordinary clothing into powerful, wearable explosives that are entirely undetectable.
The officials quoted declined to offer details on how this transformative capability was even hypothetically possible given what we know about chemistry, saying only that it was “ingenious” of al-Qaeda to have done so.
The reports claim that the clothing need only be dipped in the liquid a single time, and upon drying the clothes themselves become explosive somehow. It is unclear if the clothing is related to the ongoing terror plot, or is just something else al-Qaeda came up with on the side.
The clothing bombs are just the latest in a growing number of potential AQAP techniques, which also include sewing bombs into peoples’ underpants and potentially surgically implanting bombs inside of people. Both of those techniques would seem obsolete, however, if al-Qaeda can simply make the underpants themselves into a powerful bomb.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Gaza Cost Far Exceeds Estimate, Official Says - August 20th, 2014
- Kurds Rejoin Iraq Cabinet, Will Negotiate Ministerial Positions - August 20th, 2014
- Thousands of Shi'ite Rebels Enter Yemeni Capital - August 20th, 2014
- 43 Civilians Killed in Shelling as Ukraine Seizes Much of Luhansk - August 20th, 2014
- IAEA: Iran Complying With Terms of Extended Nuclear Deal - August 20th, 2014