The house was in Miramshah and was attacked during Iftar dinner, the traditional breaking of the Ramadan fast immediately after sunset. The bodies were recovered after the drone left.
Local officials say they have no indication who any of the victims were, but that it is not unusual for militant factions to move into the mountainous suburb of Miramshah during the summer because of the seasonable weather.
US drone strikes have become a major issue in recent months in Pakistan, with huge opposition among Pakistani civilians and the incoming government promising to “revoke” the secret approval for the attacks. Since the attacks continue, it remains to be seen how or even if the Sharif government will react.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu: The Bible Proves Jerusalem Is Israel's Capital - December 11th, 2017
- ISIS Is Gone, But Iraq's Main Refinery Remains in Ruins - December 11th, 2017
- US-Backed Syrian Kurds, Iraqi Army Coordinate at Border - December 11th, 2017
- Iran FM Urges Europe to Preserve Nuclear Deal - December 11th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Cleric Urges Fighters to Disarm - December 11th, 2017