The house was in Miramshah and was attacked during Iftar dinner, the traditional breaking of the Ramadan fast immediately after sunset. The bodies were recovered after the drone left.
Local officials say they have no indication who any of the victims were, but that it is not unusual for militant factions to move into the mountainous suburb of Miramshah during the summer because of the seasonable weather.
US drone strikes have become a major issue in recent months in Pakistan, with huge opposition among Pakistani civilians and the incoming government promising to “revoke” the secret approval for the attacks. Since the attacks continue, it remains to be seen how or even if the Sharif government will react.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudis Demolish Historic Shi'ite Neighborhood, Sparking Unrest - June 27th, 2017
- Turkey, Kurdish Forces Trade Fire in North Syria's Afrin District - June 27th, 2017
- Mattis: US Will Keep Arming Syrian Kurds After Raqqa Falls - June 27th, 2017
- Russia: US Warning to Syria Is Unacceptable - June 27th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Insists Qatar Demands Are 'Non-Negotiable' - June 27th, 2017