The house was in Miramshah and was attacked during Iftar dinner, the traditional breaking of the Ramadan fast immediately after sunset. The bodies were recovered after the drone left.
Local officials say they have no indication who any of the victims were, but that it is not unusual for militant factions to move into the mountainous suburb of Miramshah during the summer because of the seasonable weather.
US drone strikes have become a major issue in recent months in Pakistan, with huge opposition among Pakistani civilians and the incoming government promising to “revoke” the secret approval for the attacks. Since the attacks continue, it remains to be seen how or even if the Sharif government will react.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump 'Not Satisfied' After Talking With Saudi Crown Prince - October 22nd, 2018
- Saudi Crown Prince Phoned Khashoggi at Consulate Before His Murder - October 22nd, 2018
- Two Koreas Meet Again With UN on Border Disarmament - October 21st, 2018
- US Denies Killing Syrian Civilians, Says Mosque Was 'Valid Military Target' - October 21st, 2018
- Security Woes, Irregularities Mar Afghanistan's Second Day of Voting - October 21st, 2018