The house was in Miramshah and was attacked during Iftar dinner, the traditional breaking of the Ramadan fast immediately after sunset. The bodies were recovered after the drone left.
Local officials say they have no indication who any of the victims were, but that it is not unusual for militant factions to move into the mountainous suburb of Miramshah during the summer because of the seasonable weather.
US drone strikes have become a major issue in recent months in Pakistan, with huge opposition among Pakistani civilians and the incoming government promising to “revoke” the secret approval for the attacks. Since the attacks continue, it remains to be seen how or even if the Sharif government will react.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017