Netanyahu Prepares International Public Opinion for Another Invasion
Israeli artillery continued to attack the Gaza Strip over the weekend, killing at least five Palestinians, while several groups fired scores of rockets at Israel, damaging homes and leading Israeli officials to threaten another full-scale invasion.
While talking up war in comments domestically Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is said to be pushing an international diplomatic effort to convince the rest of the world that another invasion is acceptable.
It shouldn’t be too much of a transition for Israeli diplomats, as while Israel hasn’t invaded the strip outright in a few years they have been more or less constantly talking up the next such invasion, citing how well the 2008-09 one supposedly worked.
Egyptian officials, who just weeks ago had negotiated a ceasefire, are said to be feverishly at work trying to stave off the war, but Israeli officials are denying that any progress has been made and seem to have transitioned to the “war at all cost” position their far-right coalition has been so comfortable with.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Pilots Detail Confronting Syrian Warplanes in Syrian Airspace - August 25th, 2016
- Zawahiri: Iraqi Sunnis Should Prepare for 'Long Guerrilla War' - August 25th, 2016
- US Patrol Ship Fires 'Warning Shots' at Iranian Speedboat - August 25th, 2016
- American University Attacked in Kabul, At Least 15 Slain - August 24th, 2016
- American University Attacked in Kabul, Three Dead - August 24th, 2016