New reports from top Israeli officials reveal that Mossad has dramatically scaled back its covert operations, including its active assassination program in Iran, by “dozens of percents” in recent months.
The officials say that Mossad is expressing “increasing dissatisfaction” at being ordered to scale back the attacks, but that Prime Minister Netanyahu is concerned with the operations “being discovered or going awry.”
Being discovered seems like an odd concern, since Israeli officials eagerly take credit every time anything goes wrong in Iran, and they have even taken responsibility for incidents that Iranian officials said were accidental.
At times, however, Mossad operations have been pretty embarrassing, like the revelation that Mossad used fake US passports and US cash to recruit Jundallah to launch terrorist attacks in Iran, hoping that the militants could be convinced they were the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea: Up to US If Summit Will Happen, Or Nuclear Showdown - May 23rd, 2018
- Pentagon Uninvites China From Joint Naval Exercises - May 23rd, 2018
- Iran Sets Out Conditions for Europe to Save Nuclear Deal - May 23rd, 2018
- Iranian Officials Split on Responding to US Demands - May 23rd, 2018
- Israel Considers Long-Term Ceasefire With Hamas - May 23rd, 2018