New reports from top Israeli officials reveal that Mossad has dramatically scaled back its covert operations, including its active assassination program in Iran, by “dozens of percents” in recent months.
The officials say that Mossad is expressing “increasing dissatisfaction” at being ordered to scale back the attacks, but that Prime Minister Netanyahu is concerned with the operations “being discovered or going awry.”
Being discovered seems like an odd concern, since Israeli officials eagerly take credit every time anything goes wrong in Iran, and they have even taken responsibility for incidents that Iranian officials said were accidental.
At times, however, Mossad operations have been pretty embarrassing, like the revelation that Mossad used fake US passports and US cash to recruit Jundallah to launch terrorist attacks in Iran, hoping that the militants could be convinced they were the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017