New reports from top Israeli officials reveal that Mossad has dramatically scaled back its covert operations, including its active assassination program in Iran, by “dozens of percents” in recent months.
The officials say that Mossad is expressing “increasing dissatisfaction” at being ordered to scale back the attacks, but that Prime Minister Netanyahu is concerned with the operations “being discovered or going awry.”
Being discovered seems like an odd concern, since Israeli officials eagerly take credit every time anything goes wrong in Iran, and they have even taken responsibility for incidents that Iranian officials said were accidental.
At times, however, Mossad operations have been pretty embarrassing, like the revelation that Mossad used fake US passports and US cash to recruit Jundallah to launch terrorist attacks in Iran, hoping that the militants could be convinced they were the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Hypes Taliban Body Counts to Try to Sell White House on Afghan War - September 20th, 2018
- South Yemen Separatists Vow to Continue Offensive Against Hodeidah Port - September 20th, 2018
- Kim, Moon End Inter-Korean Summit at Peak of Sacred North Korea Volcano - September 20th, 2018
- Kim Seeks Second Trump Summit to Speed Denuclearization - September 20th, 2018
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018