New reports from top Israeli officials reveal that Mossad has dramatically scaled back its covert operations, including its active assassination program in Iran, by “dozens of percents” in recent months.
The officials say that Mossad is expressing “increasing dissatisfaction” at being ordered to scale back the attacks, but that Prime Minister Netanyahu is concerned with the operations “being discovered or going awry.”
Being discovered seems like an odd concern, since Israeli officials eagerly take credit every time anything goes wrong in Iran, and they have even taken responsibility for incidents that Iranian officials said were accidental.
At times, however, Mossad operations have been pretty embarrassing, like the revelation that Mossad used fake US passports and US cash to recruit Jundallah to launch terrorist attacks in Iran, hoping that the militants could be convinced they were the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017
- NATO Chief Declares Alliance 'Fully Committed' to US War in Afghan - August 22nd, 2017
- Haley Demands IAEA Launch New Inspections of Iran Military Sites - August 22nd, 2017
- No End in Sight for US War in Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017