Reports quoting an unnamed commander in the Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) warn that the faction’s top two leaders, Hakimullah Mehsud and Wali-ur Rehman are on the verge of open warfare.
“You will soon hear that one of them has eliminated the other,” predicted the commander, while insisting that efforts are underway to try to reconcile the two.
Both have been reported killed a number of times, with Hakimullah “confirmed” slain on at least nine separate occasions, including once already by Rehman. Rehman himself was also reportedly slain by Hakimullah in a gunfight in early August 2009.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea 'Threat' to Guam Greatly Overblown - August 15th, 2017
- South Korean President Says He Can Veto War Against North Korea - August 15th, 2017
- ICC Issues Warrant for Ally of Libyan Gen. Hafter for War Crimes - August 15th, 2017
- Taliban Open Letter Urges Trump to Withdraw US Troops From Afghanistan - August 15th, 2017
- Iran Threatens to Quit Nuclear Deal If US Keeps Adding Sanctions - August 15th, 2017