Informants Always Met at Pizza Hut, Reports Say
In a move which intelligence officials attributed to “lazy” security and several ignored warnings, two different CIA spying rings have been uncovered in Beirut, Lebanon, with the Hezbollah faction taken credit for noticing them.
Hezbollah noticed that a series of prepaid cellphones used by the informants were only used rarely and only in very specific locations. They used this, along with the fact that the CIA always used the same codeword, PIZZA, to uncover and arrest the informants.
Underscoring just how bad an idea using the term “PIZZA” was, the informants were said to have always met at the same pizzeria. Reportedly it was a Pizza Hut in Beirut. The CIA has denied that it was actually a Pizza Hut, but declined to provide an alternative location.
One of the rings was reportedly specifically in Beirut to spy on Hezbollah and the other members of the Lebanese ruling coalition. The other ring was said to somehow target Iran’s nuclear program.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Drone Strike Kills 21 in Yemen, Including Civilians - April 19th, 2014
- Obama Signs Law Barring Iran's UN Envoy From Post - April 18th, 2014
- DM Confirms: US Ground Troops Deploying to Poland - April 18th, 2014
- Japan Sends Troops to Island, Risking China Tensions - April 18th, 2014
- Sen Reid: Backers of Rancher Are 'Domestic Terrorists' - April 18th, 2014