Informants Always Met at Pizza Hut, Reports Say
In a move which intelligence officials attributed to “lazy” security and several ignored warnings, two different CIA spying rings have been uncovered in Beirut, Lebanon, with the Hezbollah faction taken credit for noticing them.
Hezbollah noticed that a series of prepaid cellphones used by the informants were only used rarely and only in very specific locations. They used this, along with the fact that the CIA always used the same codeword, PIZZA, to uncover and arrest the informants.
Underscoring just how bad an idea using the term “PIZZA” was, the informants were said to have always met at the same pizzeria. Reportedly it was a Pizza Hut in Beirut. The CIA has denied that it was actually a Pizza Hut, but declined to provide an alternative location.
One of the rings was reportedly specifically in Beirut to spy on Hezbollah and the other members of the Lebanese ruling coalition. The other ring was said to somehow target Iran’s nuclear program.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Heavily Dug In ISIS Forces in Libya's Sirte Continue to Resist Offensives - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey DM Claims US Eager to Work With Them on Raqqa Invasion - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey: 18 PKK Killed in Attacks in SE Turkey, Northern Iraq - October 21st, 2016
- Turkey Continues Attacks After Killing 200 Syrian Kurds - October 21st, 2016
- Aleppo's Ceasefire Continues to Hold for Second Day - October 21st, 2016