US drones attacked a house in the Ramzak area of North Waziristan today, killing at least eight “suspects” and wounding two others. The house attacked was said to have been completely destroyed in the attack.
The identities of the slain was entirely unclear today, but all were termed “suspects” by local security officials. One uncomfirmed report had the slain including “foreigners” though other reports said all the slain were tribesmen.
The strikes have been loudly criticized by key opposition figure Imran Khan, but so far the Zardari government has not commented. Given the growing scandal relating to the Zardari government’s cozy relation with the US, the Zardari government is likely trying to avoid being seen as directly involved in any situation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017