US drones attacked a house in the Ramzak area of North Waziristan today, killing at least eight “suspects” and wounding two others. The house attacked was said to have been completely destroyed in the attack.
The identities of the slain was entirely unclear today, but all were termed “suspects” by local security officials. One uncomfirmed report had the slain including “foreigners” though other reports said all the slain were tribesmen.
The strikes have been loudly criticized by key opposition figure Imran Khan, but so far the Zardari government has not commented. Given the growing scandal relating to the Zardari government’s cozy relation with the US, the Zardari government is likely trying to avoid being seen as directly involved in any situation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017