US drones attacked a house in the Ramzak area of North Waziristan today, killing at least eight “suspects” and wounding two others. The house attacked was said to have been completely destroyed in the attack.
The identities of the slain was entirely unclear today, but all were termed “suspects” by local security officials. One uncomfirmed report had the slain including “foreigners” though other reports said all the slain were tribesmen.
The strikes have been loudly criticized by key opposition figure Imran Khan, but so far the Zardari government has not commented. Given the growing scandal relating to the Zardari government’s cozy relation with the US, the Zardari government is likely trying to avoid being seen as directly involved in any situation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Destroys Afghan Army Base in Kandahar - October 19th, 2017
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Six Civilians, Mostly Children, in North Yemen - October 18th, 2017
- Kurdish Independence at Risk Amid Iraqi Offensive - October 18th, 2017