US drones attacked a house in the Ramzak area of North Waziristan today, killing at least eight “suspects” and wounding two others. The house attacked was said to have been completely destroyed in the attack.
The identities of the slain was entirely unclear today, but all were termed “suspects” by local security officials. One uncomfirmed report had the slain including “foreigners” though other reports said all the slain were tribesmen.
The strikes have been loudly criticized by key opposition figure Imran Khan, but so far the Zardari government has not commented. Given the growing scandal relating to the Zardari government’s cozy relation with the US, the Zardari government is likely trying to avoid being seen as directly involved in any situation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran Says Will Leave Iraq, Syria Only If Those Countries Want Them To - July 13th, 2018
- Afghan Forces Kill Over 100 Taliban in Southeast Offensive - July 13th, 2018
- Afghan Forces Kill Civilians in Eastern Air Operations - July 13th, 2018
- US Airstrike Kills at Least 28 Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 13th, 2018
- Kremlin Hails Trump as 'Negotiating Partner' Ahead of Summit - July 13th, 2018