Three Wounded as US Continues to Condemn Iran
Iraqi militants fired rockets at US forces in Iraq’s Maysan Province Wednesday, wounding three. No other details were provided but the US was quick to issue a response. As always, everything is Iran’s fault.
The quick and easy blame from US officials claimed that the unnamed militant faction, which they assured us was Shi’ite, had received both funding and training from Iran’s Quds Force, conveniently enough the same Quds Force they are blaming for the assassination “plot” in Washington DC.
Officials, including Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan, insisted the attack was part of a broad plot designed to “achieve their greater aims,” which are to keep Iraq isolated. Three more wounded, however seems unlikely to achieve anything of the sort.
Assuming Iran really was behind the missile strike, the only thing it seemed aimed at achieving was giving the US another reason to threaten them. Since this is also the only apparent reason behind the dubious DC plot, the US is at the very least remaining internally consistent in its theories – that Iran is doing everything they can to advance the Obama Administration’s hostility toward them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kerry: Iran's Presence in Iraq 'Helpful' to ISIS War - June 28th, 2016
- Turkey Allows More NATO Air Patrols Along Syria Border - June 28th, 2016
- Brexit Raises Doubts Over NATO-EU Military Cooperation - June 28th, 2016
- UAE's War Against Yemeni al-Qaeda a Sign of Growing Ambitions - June 28th, 2016
- Pentagon Claims 'Showdown' With Russian Jets in Syrian Skies - June 28th, 2016