Three Wounded as US Continues to Condemn Iran
Iraqi militants fired rockets at US forces in Iraq’s Maysan Province Wednesday, wounding three. No other details were provided but the US was quick to issue a response. As always, everything is Iran’s fault.
The quick and easy blame from US officials claimed that the unnamed militant faction, which they assured us was Shi’ite, had received both funding and training from Iran’s Quds Force, conveniently enough the same Quds Force they are blaming for the assassination “plot” in Washington DC.
Officials, including Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan, insisted the attack was part of a broad plot designed to “achieve their greater aims,” which are to keep Iraq isolated. Three more wounded, however seems unlikely to achieve anything of the sort.
Assuming Iran really was behind the missile strike, the only thing it seemed aimed at achieving was giving the US another reason to threaten them. Since this is also the only apparent reason behind the dubious DC plot, the US is at the very least remaining internally consistent in its theories – that Iran is doing everything they can to advance the Obama Administration’s hostility toward them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Denies Any Deals Reached Limiting Settlement Expansion - March 26th, 2017
- US General: 5,000 More Troops Needed for Afghanistan - March 26th, 2017
- Defense Secretary Seeks Deeper US Involvement in Yemen War - March 26th, 2017
- Syria Threatens Scud Strikes If Israel Attacks Again - March 26th, 2017
- US Troops Capture Syrian Military Airbase Near Raqqa - March 26th, 2017