With the ten year anniversary a chance for Americans to reflect on the enormous losses of 9/11, Iraqis too are looking back at what they lost after the Bush Administration used 9/11 as an excuse for an invasion.
Untold numbers are dead, the violence is still well above pre-war levels. While US politicians spin it as a case of “all’s well that ends well,” Iraq is far from well in September 2011, and may be decades from being well again.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least 100 Syrian Civilians in Raqqa in 48 Hours - August 22nd, 2017
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017