With the ten year anniversary a chance for Americans to reflect on the enormous losses of 9/11, Iraqis too are looking back at what they lost after the Bush Administration used 9/11 as an excuse for an invasion.
Untold numbers are dead, the violence is still well above pre-war levels. While US politicians spin it as a case of “all’s well that ends well,” Iraq is far from well in September 2011, and may be decades from being well again.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018
- Trump-Putin Summit Ends With Talk of Cooperation, Lawmakers Furious - July 16th, 2018
- Gaza Ceasefire Largely Holding After Weekend Flareup - July 15th, 2018
- US Officials Say Trainer Policies May Change After Afghan Insider Attack - July 15th, 2018
- Israel Attacks Airbase Outside Northern Syrian City of Aleppo - July 15th, 2018