With the ten year anniversary a chance for Americans to reflect on the enormous losses of 9/11, Iraqis too are looking back at what they lost after the Bush Administration used 9/11 as an excuse for an invasion.
Untold numbers are dead, the violence is still well above pre-war levels. While US politicians spin it as a case of “all’s well that ends well,” Iraq is far from well in September 2011, and may be decades from being well again.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli MPs Push Trump to Let Them Use Military Aid on Non-US Equipment - May 21st, 2018
- Syrian Army Has Full Control of Metro Damascus After ISIS Ouster - May 21st, 2018
- Trump to Press South Korea's Moon on Upcoming Kim Summit - May 21st, 2018
- South Koreans See John Bolton as an Obstacle to Trump-Kim Summit - May 21st, 2018
- As ISIS Shrinks in Iraq and Syria, US Military Focus Shifts to Afghanistan - May 21st, 2018