With the ten year anniversary a chance for Americans to reflect on the enormous losses of 9/11, Iraqis too are looking back at what they lost after the Bush Administration used 9/11 as an excuse for an invasion.
Untold numbers are dead, the violence is still well above pre-war levels. While US politicians spin it as a case of “all’s well that ends well,” Iraq is far from well in September 2011, and may be decades from being well again.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kurdish Commander: Anti-ISIS Offensive Slowed by Presence of Civilians - February 15th, 2019
- US Military Aircraft to Deliver Aid to Venezuela's Border - February 15th, 2019
- US Expected to Pull 1,000 Troops From Afghanistan in 'Efficiency Effort' - February 15th, 2019
- US Investigators Probing Years of WikiLeaks Activities - February 15th, 2019
- US General Says Arming, Aiding Syria Kurds Should Continue After Pullout - February 15th, 2019