The massive and largely unchecked system of military contracting in Afghanistan has received considerable negative press over revelations that large sums of money simply go missing, and evidence that the Taliban is receiving considerable funding in the form of bribes from contractors.
The US military thinks it has finally found a solution to all of this money being thrown unaccountably to contractors – it is awarding another $1 billion to those same contractors to create a system that will “allow more transparency” in where all that money is going.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017