The massive and largely unchecked system of military contracting in Afghanistan has received considerable negative press over revelations that large sums of money simply go missing, and evidence that the Taliban is receiving considerable funding in the form of bribes from contractors.
The US military thinks it has finally found a solution to all of this money being thrown unaccountably to contractors – it is awarding another $1 billion to those same contractors to create a system that will “allow more transparency” in where all that money is going.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017