The massive and largely unchecked system of military contracting in Afghanistan has received considerable negative press over revelations that large sums of money simply go missing, and evidence that the Taliban is receiving considerable funding in the form of bribes from contractors.
The US military thinks it has finally found a solution to all of this money being thrown unaccountably to contractors – it is awarding another $1 billion to those same contractors to create a system that will “allow more transparency” in where all that money is going.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump, Mattis Say June 12 Summit With North Korea Could Still Happen - May 25th, 2018
- Iran: Europe Must Speed Up Plans to Save Nuclear Deal - May 25th, 2018
- Watchdog: US Stabilization Program in Afghanistan a $5 Billion Failure - May 24th, 2018
- US Commander in Europe Wants More Troops, Resources to Target Russia - May 24th, 2018
- US Targets Iranian Airlines With Sanctions - May 24th, 2018