The massive and largely unchecked system of military contracting in Afghanistan has received considerable negative press over revelations that large sums of money simply go missing, and evidence that the Taliban is receiving considerable funding in the form of bribes from contractors.
The US military thinks it has finally found a solution to all of this money being thrown unaccountably to contractors – it is awarding another $1 billion to those same contractors to create a system that will “allow more transparency” in where all that money is going.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Forces Capture Idlib Province Airbase - January 21st, 2018
- In US Government Shutdown, Military Becomes a Hot Topic - January 21st, 2018
- Olympics a Catalyst for Easing Korea Tensions - January 21st, 2018
- US Urges Turkey to 'Exercise Restraint' in Syria Invasion - January 21st, 2018
- Turkey's Long-Anticipated War With Syrian Kurds Begins in Earnest - January 21st, 2018