The massive and largely unchecked system of military contracting in Afghanistan has received considerable negative press over revelations that large sums of money simply go missing, and evidence that the Taliban is receiving considerable funding in the form of bribes from contractors.
The US military thinks it has finally found a solution to all of this money being thrown unaccountably to contractors – it is awarding another $1 billion to those same contractors to create a system that will “allow more transparency” in where all that money is going.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kim Says He Will Trust Trump's Approach Ahead of Upcoming Summit - January 23rd, 2019
- Russia and Turkey to Cooperate in Trying to Stabilize Syria's Idlib Province - January 23rd, 2019
- WikiLeaks Sues to Unseal Secret US Charges Against Julian Assange - January 23rd, 2019
- Kurdish Forces Overrun 'Last' ISIS-Held Village in Eastern Syria - January 23rd, 2019
- Russia Shows Off New Missile in Last Ditch Attempt to Save US Nuclear Treaty - January 23rd, 2019