Additional information is emerging over a revelation late last week that Anonymous hackers had uncovered a plot to move against WikiLeaks to “undermine” the organization ahead of a possible release of data embarrassing to US financial powerhouse Bank of America.
The plot, which is available as a PDF file incredibly enough, and included a myriad of methods of attacking the organization ahead of the possible release, including a specific call to move against Salon journalist Glenn Greenwald, saying the organization would “fold” if Greenwald could be convinced that his career was at jeopardy if he continued to support them.
The plot also included “proactive tactics,” including a full-on media campaign to convince the public that WikiLeaks is “radical” and a private email leaked later showed they also plotted to privately confront WikiLeaks’ donors, to “intimidate” them away from future donations.
One of the organizations that the document cited, Palantir, insisted that they”never will condone the sort of activities” that were recommended in the document, and insisted that they were never retained to personally attack anyone related to the WikiLeaks releases. They also said they have severed all ties to the organization that made the document detailing the plot.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018