Additional information is emerging over a revelation late last week that Anonymous hackers had uncovered a plot to move against WikiLeaks to “undermine” the organization ahead of a possible release of data embarrassing to US financial powerhouse Bank of America.
The plot, which is available as a PDF file incredibly enough, and included a myriad of methods of attacking the organization ahead of the possible release, including a specific call to move against Salon journalist Glenn Greenwald, saying the organization would “fold” if Greenwald could be convinced that his career was at jeopardy if he continued to support them.
The plot also included “proactive tactics,” including a full-on media campaign to convince the public that WikiLeaks is “radical” and a private email leaked later showed they also plotted to privately confront WikiLeaks’ donors, to “intimidate” them away from future donations.
One of the organizations that the document cited, Palantir, insisted that they”never will condone the sort of activities” that were recommended in the document, and insisted that they were never retained to personally attack anyone related to the WikiLeaks releases. They also said they have severed all ties to the organization that made the document detailing the plot.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: Saudis Dismembered Journalist While He Was Still Alive, Audio Recording Shows - October 17th, 2018
- Israeli Ambassador to France Slammed for Attempt to Censor News - October 16th, 2018
- Suspects in Journalist's Disappearance Linked to Saudi Crown Prince - October 16th, 2018
- Erdogan: Turkey to Expand Military Operations Against Syrian Kurds - October 16th, 2018
- Koreas Agree to Reconnect Rail, Road Links - October 16th, 2018