The Operation Payback attacks by the “Anonymous” organization knocked Visa and Mastercard’s websites down last week, but the group has now moved on to a new, less obvious target: fax machines.
In a move they are calling “Mission: Leakflood,” the group is now calling on its supporters to fax random State Department cables and images of Guy Fawkes to the same organizations whose moves against WikiLeaks have made them a target.
The group’s list singled out Amazon.com’s legal department, MasterCard and Visa’s corporate HQs and CEOs, and Paypal, all of whom have severed ties with WikiLeaks in recent days in the face of US government opposition.
The group’s attacks seem to be having some effect, as the organization claimed a few hours after it began the organization announced a number of the targeted fax numbers are no longer responsive.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Military's 'Prime Focus' Will Be Competing With Russia, China - January 19th, 2018
- NGO: US-Led Coalition Civilian Killings Tripled in Iraq and Syria in 2017 - January 19th, 2018
- Russia FM: US Creating 'Alternative Bodies of Authority' in Syria - January 19th, 2018
- US: Turkish Attack on Syrian Kurds 'Destabilizing' - January 19th, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Shelling, Says 'No Turning Back' From Syria Invasion - January 19th, 2018