The Dubai Air Show in the United Arab Emirates is one of the world’s largest. With around 50 countries involved, warplanes from around the world are for show, and for sale, with the oil rich gulf nation just one of many potential buyers.
And as the world’s largest weapons dealing nation, the United States has an enormous presence at the show. Indeed, in the nation as well, as the US Air Force touts its role in training the UAE’s own air force, and has a presence of its own there.
Air Force spokesmen say there is a lot of room to expand in the UAE, not just in training but in the nation’s potential to host warplanes. With the nation just a few hundred kilometers from key sites inside Iran, it isn’t hard to imagine why the US might like to keep bombers in the nation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Airstrike Kills 20 Civilians in Southwest Yemen - April 20th, 2018
- North Korea Tones Down Anti-US Rhetoric as New South Korea Hotline Opens - April 20th, 2018
- Russia Says US Didn't Violate Red Lines During Syria Strike - April 20th, 2018
- UN Security Team Still Won't Let Inspectors Visit Douma - April 20th, 2018
- North Korea to Close Nuclear Testing Site - April 20th, 2018