The Dubai Air Show in the United Arab Emirates is one of the world’s largest. With around 50 countries involved, warplanes from around the world are for show, and for sale, with the oil rich gulf nation just one of many potential buyers.
And as the world’s largest weapons dealing nation, the United States has an enormous presence at the show. Indeed, in the nation as well, as the US Air Force touts its role in training the UAE’s own air force, and has a presence of its own there.
Air Force spokesmen say there is a lot of room to expand in the UAE, not just in training but in the nation’s potential to host warplanes. With the nation just a few hundred kilometers from key sites inside Iran, it isn’t hard to imagine why the US might like to keep bombers in the nation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump: Afghan War Decisions Made - August 19th, 2017
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017