• Antiwar.com
  • Viewpoints
  • News
  • Blog
  • Contact Us
  • Donate

CENTCOM Says It Launched Five Strikes Against ISIS in Syria Within One Week

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 4, 2026

US Central Command said on Wednesday that its forces conducted five strikes against ISIS in Syria from January 27 to February 2, while the US is also backing the Syrian government, which is led by Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, an offshoot of al-Qaeda with a similar ideology...

read more

Israeli Troops Raid Southern Syria, Establish Checkpoints

by Jason Ditz | Feb 4, 2026

The US-mediated effort to get a deal between Israel and Syria still seems to be a work in progress, and the IDF is back deploying forces into Syria’s southwestern Quneitra Governorate, and attacking farmland around the area. Ground troops entered Quneitra and went to...

read more

Iraq Starts Investigating 1,300 ISIS Detainees the US Transferred from Syria

by Dave DeCamp | Feb 2, 2026

Iraq's judiciary announced on Monday that it has begun investigating more than 1,300 ISIS detainees who the US recently transferred from Syria after Syrian government forces captured territory held by the Kurdish-led SDF, where the ISIS fighters were held....

read more

Report: Turkey Blocks Aid Convoy From Reaching Syria’s Kobane

by Jason Ditz | Feb 1, 2026

The Kurdish majority city of Kobane remains under the control of the SDF, and despite yet another deal between Kurdish officials and the Syrian government which was meant to resolve the conflict, the city remains under siege. As the siege of the city approaches two...

read more

Snow Worsens Siege on Syrian Kurdish City of Kobane as Fighting Expands

by Jason Ditz | Jan 28, 2026

If you put aside the continued fighting in several parts of northern and eastern Syria, and the mounting humanitarian crisis among civilians displaced by the fighting, the ceasefire between the Syrian government and the Kurdish SDF is holding. The tribal-backed...

read more

Over 170,000 Civilians Displaced by Fighting in Northeast Syria

by Jason Ditz | Jan 27, 2026

Fighting between the Syrian military and the Kurdish SDF continues with the government cracking down on perceived SDF loyalists and trying to consolidate gains from the recent offensives against them. Much has been said about the fighting, but less so about the people...

read more

Syrian Army, Kurdish SDF Continue to Clash, Trade Blame

by Jason Ditz | Jan 26, 2026

Fresh off a new 15-day extension of the ceasefire between the two sides, the Syrian Army and the Kurdish SDF are continuing to fight in several areas across the country, and as has been the case for weeks the only thing the two sides can agree on is that the other...

read more

Syrian Army Says Ceasefire With Kurds Extended for 15 Days

by Jason Ditz | Jan 25, 2026

On Tuesday, the Syrian government announced a four-day ceasefire with the Kurdish SDF, which came with what appeared to amount to an ultimatum to agree to the Hayat Tahrir al-Sham’s (HTS) terms for integrating with the central government. The fighting never really...

read more

Massacre Claimed as SDF Fighter Killed 21 in Village Near Syria’s Kobane

by Jason Ditz | Jan 24, 2026

The Kurdish SDF has reported that one of their fighters was involved in an apparent massacre in the village of Kharous, near the important border city of Kobane. The incident gained major national attention after a video was released online of the killer bragging...

read more

Iraq Opening New Prisons as US Plans to Send Thousands of ‘ISIS-linked’ Detainees There

by Jason Ditz | Jan 22, 2026

Fighting between the Kurdish SDF and the Syrian military just became Iraq’s problem in a big way, with the announcement that the US intends to send some 7,000 ISIS detainees that the Kurds had previously been holding to Iraq. With massive battles over the control of...

read more
Page 2 of 580«1234...1020...»Last
Defend the Guard

Advertise on Antiwar.com

Search

Recent Stories

  • USS Gerald Ford Crossing the Atlantic Ocean as US Continues Major Mideast Buildup to Prepare for Attack on Iran
  • State Department Official: No ‘Gentlemen’s Agreement’ With Russia on Maintaining New START Limits
  • Trump Boasts About Ramped Up Embargo on Cuba: ‘There’s No Oil, No Money, No Anything’
  • US Launches Three More Airstrikes in Somalia
Randolph Bourne Institute

Topics

Iran Turkey NATO Afghanistan Pakistan Saudi Arabia Syria Ukraine Yemen China North Korea Russia Pentagon Israel Iraq Gaza Obama ISIS Palestine Trump

Resources

  • Advertise on Antiwar.com
  • Submission Guidelines
  • Donate to Antiwar.com
  • Front Page Archives
  • Regional News
  • Antiwar.com Newsletter
  • Reprint Policy
  • Front Page
  • Blog
  • News
  • Viewpoints
  • Submissions
  • About Us
  • Search
  • Donate

Follow Us

  • Follow
  • Follow
  • Follow
Reproduction of material from any original Antiwar.com pages without written permission is strictly prohibited.

©2025 Antiwar.com. All rights reserved.
A 501(c)3 Nonprofit, #71-0929026