Israeli Attacks in Gaza Kill Six Palestinians in 24 Hours

The IDF has ramped up attacks in Gaza since the ceasefire with Iran

Gaza’s Health Ministry said on Monday that Israeli attacks over the previous 24-hour period killed at least six Palestinians and wounded 40 as the IDF continues its constant violations of the US-backed ceasefire deal.

“A number of victims are still under the rubble and in the streets, as ambulance and civil defense crews have been unable to reach them so far,” the ministry wrote on Telegram.

Palestinians transport the body of a young man and several wounded people to Nasser Medical Complex following an Israeli strike targeting a group of civilians in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, on May 18, 2026 (IMAGO/APAimages via Reuters Connect)

Israeli attacks over the past day included Sunday strikes on Deir el-Balah, central Gaza. According to the Quds News Network, the strikes hit a community kitchen, killing three people who worked there.

Al Jazeera reported that the kitchen provides meals to displaced people near the al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital. “The criminal Netanyahu, the criminal killed my son,” a mourning father said after the Israeli strikes.

Israeli attacks continued on Monday, with the Palestinian news agency WAFA reporting that at least one Palestinian was killed by an airstrike in Khan Younis, southern Gaza.

The Health Ministry said that since the so-called ceasefire deal was signed in October 2025, the IDF has killed at least 877 Palestinians in Gaza and wounded 2,602.

Israel has ramped up its attacks in Gaza since the ceasefire with Iran was reached in early April, and it has been conducting frequent strikes against police and Hamas officials as it seeks to disrupt Hamas’s control of the area of Gaza where Palestinian civilians live, which is about 40% of the territory. On Friday, an Israeli airstrike on a residential building in Gaza City killed Ezzeddin al-Haddad, who served as Hamas’s leader in Gaza and the head of the group’s military wing, the al-Qassam Brigades.

Dave DeCamp is the news editor of Antiwar.com, follow him on Twitter @decampdave.

Join the Discussion!

We welcome thoughtful and respectful comments. Hateful language, illegal content, or attacks against Antiwar.com will be removed.

For more details, please see our Comment Policy.