A senior Biden campaign official told the Jewish News Syndicate that a Biden administration would not reverse President Trump’s 2019 decision to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
Israel captured the Golan Heights from Syria in 1967 and annexed the territory in 1981, a move that was not internationally recognized. President Trump’s decision broke with the international community.
“I don’t think a Biden administration would reverse that,” the unnamed campaign official said. “It was de facto recognized anyway. It was largely symbolic. It didn’t really change the calculus either by the United States or Israel or any of the neighboring nations.”
Earlier this year, Joe Biden himself said he would not reverse another controversial move by the Trump administration regarding Israel. Biden said he disagreed with President Trump’s decision to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, but the former vice president said he would keep the embassy in Jerusalem.
7 thoughts on “Campaign Official Says Biden Would Keep Golan Heights Recognition”
America is always for theft–whether it’s doing it or its pals are doing it. It’s how America and Israel were founded.
Mecca and Medina were settled by pre-Islamic peoples-they were conquered,or “stolen”. In 1956, Egypt evicted all its Jewish people-their homes were “stolen” Same for Libya,ect ect ect
The Egyptian Jews did not receive any recompense when they were expelled-their properties were stolen,. Mecca and Medina were settled by pre-Islamic people-these cities were conquered.
Briefly, for the record:
Between late 1947 and May 15, 1948, about 400,000 indigenous Palestinians were dispossessed and expelled by Jewish forces (of foreign origin) as were an additional 400,000 by early 1949 (for a total of at least 800,000 as determined by Walter Eytan, then Director General of the Israeli Foreign Ministry.) About 25,000 more were driven out just before and during Israel’s first invasion of Egypt in 1956 (and an additional approximately 225,000 during and after the war it launched on 5 June 1967.)
The Kafr Qasem massacre:
On October 29, 1956, at 4:30 P.M. (just over one hour after Israel began its invasion of Egypt), a unit of Israeli Border Police (or Frontier Police) led by Major Shmuel Melinki announced that a curfew would be imposed on Arab villages in the “Little Triangle” (near the armistice line with Jordan) from 5:00 P.M. until 6 A.M. the next morning. (Hirst, The Gun And The Olive Branch, p. 185) The order for the curfew (which was to come in effect one hour earlier than previous ones) was given by Israel Defense Force battalion commander, Brigadier Yshishkar Shadmi after being approved by the Commander of the Central Area, Major General Zvi Tsur, who had emphasized to his officers that “…the safeguarding of the operation in the South [the Suez campaign] required that the area coterminous with Jordan be kept absolutely quiet.”
One of the villages put under curfew was Kafr Qasem (or Kfar Kassem) which had a population of about 2000. The mukhtar (headman) protested to the Israeli Border Police that many of the villagers did not know about the curfew as they were working in the fields or elsewhere when it was declared.
Ignoring the mukhtar’s appeal, the Border Police set up road blocks and waited. “After 5 P.M. they stopped all villagers returning to Kfar Kassem, lined them up along the road and shot them. Men, women and children were cut down. Of sixteen olive pickers returning in one truck, only a sixteen-year-old girl survived; all but two of them were women, one of them eight months pregnant. When it was over, by 6 P.M. [just one hour after the curfew came into effect], forty-seven men, women and children had been slaughtered.” (Donald Neff, Warriors at Suez, p. 368)
On 19 December 1956, the Israeli daily, Kol Haam provided a gruesome account of the slaughter at Kafr Qasem and how the bodies were disposed of: “[During the final stage of the massacre], the soldiers moved around finishing off whoever still had a pulse beating in him. Later on, the examination of these bodies showed that the soldiers had mutilated them, smashing the heads and cutting open the abdomens of some of the wounded women to finish them off. The only survivors were those who for some time lay buried under the corpses of their comrades…. The soldiers looted whatever they could find, apparently while going round the bodies doing their finishing-off job…. [On 31 October,] a curfew was imposed on the village of Kafr Kassem, and during that time, the Israeli police brought over some of the villagers from neighboring Galgoulia and ordered them to bury the corpses, which included fathers, mothers, sons and daughters.”
Israel is covering its bets. The political hacks who serve it are jumping as told.
It was treason when Obama secretly and illegally invaded in 20009-10? It was treason and illegal when Trump continued to keep and add more troops. And it will be treason and illegal whomever is in office next January.
I have never heard a single solitary politician successfully articulate how/why our illegal invasion and occupation is good for America and the American people…
Comments are closed.