A suicide car bomber attacked a bus full of Iranian soldiers in the
Sistan and Balochistan Province of southeastern Iran on Wednesday, killing at least 41 troops with the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps.
The bus was travelling on a highway between Zahedan and Khash, not far from the Pakistani border, when the attack took place. Jihadist group Jaish al-Adl has issued a statement claiming credit for the attack.
Jaish al-Adl is an offshoot of Jundallah, another Balochistan militant group active in both Iran and Pakistan. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard issued a statement blaming the United States for the Wednesday attack.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry said they saw a connection between the deadly terrorist attack and the US-backed meeting in Warsaw, which is organized to gin up global opposition to Iran.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Delivering Excavation Equipment to Syria's Kurdish YPG - April 22nd, 2019
- Appeals Court Won't Release Chelsea Manning From Jail - April 22nd, 2019
- Bernie Sanders Seeks Override of Trump's Yemen Veto - April 22nd, 2019
- US Offers $10 Million to 'Disrupt' Hezbollah Finances - April 22nd, 2019
- US Ends Iran Waivers, Raising Global Oil Prices - April 22nd, 2019