A suicide car bomber attacked a bus full of Iranian soldiers in the
Sistan and Balochistan Province of southeastern Iran on Wednesday, killing at least 41 troops with the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps.
The bus was travelling on a highway between Zahedan and Khash, not far from the Pakistani border, when the attack took place. Jihadist group Jaish al-Adl has issued a statement claiming credit for the attack.
Jaish al-Adl is an offshoot of Jundallah, another Balochistan militant group active in both Iran and Pakistan. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard issued a statement blaming the United States for the Wednesday attack.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry said they saw a connection between the deadly terrorist attack and the US-backed meeting in Warsaw, which is organized to gin up global opposition to Iran.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Envoy 'Warns' Lebanon Over Hezbollah Cabinet Posts - February 19th, 2019
- Gen. Votel Contradicts Trump on Foreign Policy, Now Hypes Afghanistan 'Threat' - February 19th, 2019
- Ahead of New Summit, Trump Says 'No Rush' for North Korea Denuclearization - February 19th, 2019
- Germany's Ban on Arms Exports to Saudis Over Khashoggi Murder Have Growing Impact - February 19th, 2019
- 'Irritated' by Russia, US Admiral Sends Warship to Black Sea - February 19th, 2019