Running for parliament in the upcoming April vote, former Israeli Army
Chief Benny Gantz has steered heavily into his military history, and large numbers of people killed and damage done in the 2014 Gaza War.
One of his videos focuses on aerial footage of a destroyed Gaza neighborhood, bragging that “parts of Gaza were returned to the stone ages,” and bragging the devastation led to “3-5 years of quiet.”
A second video for Gantz shows Palestinians attending funerals with a “kill-counter” prominently displayed, going up to 1,364, the number Israel reports to have killed in 2014. The video concludes “only the strong win.”
Gantz, who established the Israel Resilience Party to contest this year’s election, has designs on replacing Benjamin Netanyahu as prime minister. This seems extremely optimistic, since so far he is the only confirmed candidate for his party so far.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Envoy Elliott Abrams Heads to Colombia to Oversee Aid Delegation - February 22nd, 2019
- Officials Say Hundreds of ISIS Fled Syria Into Iraq in Past Six Months - February 22nd, 2019
- Abe Says Japan Will Ignore Okinawan Referendum on US Base - February 22nd, 2019
- Civilian Convoy Leaves Last ISIS Territory in Eastern Syria - February 22nd, 2019
- UN Watchdog Again Confirms Iran in Compliance With P5+1 Nuclear Deal - February 22nd, 2019